Connect with EdTec at the 2023 California Charter Schools Conference!
EdTec is excited to be a sponsor, exhibitor, and presenter at the 2023 California Charter Schools Conference! The conference takes place in Sacramento from March 13-16, 2023. EdTec staff, along with our partner organizations and partner schools, will present five breakout sessions, as well as one session at the virtual School Developer Summit.
We invite you to stop by Booth 501 to learn more about our services and solutions for charter schools. At EdTec, we are committed to providing high-quality support and resources to charter schools, and we look forward to connecting with charter school leaders at this year’s conference.
Because everyone can always use a new headshot, EdTec is the Headshot Bar sponsor this year! The Headshot Bar will be set up at the back of the exhibit hall in the right corner during exhibit hall hours.
EdTec Breakout Sessions
We believe in providing charter schools with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed. That’s why we’re excited to present five informative breakout sessions! Each session will be led by one of our experienced team members, and attendees will come away with practical strategies for improving their schools. Please see below for session details.
Tuesday, March 14
- Making the ELO Program Work For Your School | 9:00am – 10:15am
- The Expanded Learning Opportunities Program is a heavily funded new priority for the state budget… and it looks like it’s here to stay! Join EdTec and two ELO Program directors for a clear, simple overview of the program requirements and recommendations for tracking. Together we will also review sample budgets and a budgeting tool for program planning, and discuss ideas for maximizing the funding and program efficiency. You will come away ready to get your ELO Program off the ground!
- Making the Connection: How Data Impacts Funding & Accountability | 3:10pm – 4:25pm
- Data reporting is increasingly at the heart of funding and school accountability determinations. Know what areas you can impact to benefit your school. Learn about the criteria that affect funding calculations and measures of school performance on the Dashboard. We’ll identify pitfalls and areas you can improve through ongoing monitoring and thorough data reporting, and help you start building a smart data strategy to set up your school for success.
Wednesday, March 15
- Demystifying Financial Statements | 2:00pm – 3:15pm
- Do you dread the part of the board meeting when it’s time to review and discuss the financial statements? Does it seem as if everyone is speaking another language? We will demystify the fundamentals of accounting and budgeting so you are prepared to effectively engage in financial discussions. We will also review what lenders focus on. Through group exercises, you will acquire the language, analytical tools, and insights needed to confidently evaluate your organization’s fiscal health in today’s uncertain times.
- What Every Board Member Should Look For: Indicators of Success and Stability | 3:25pm – 4:40pm
- Now more than ever, charter school board members fulfill a critical function in ensuring the success and survival of charter schools. What are the red flags that signal when a school is in danger –in finance, operations, student achievement? How do we measure success aligned to our mission and vision? What preventative measures help to decrease risk? Our experts will provide recommendations and tools to help board members govern with proactive, consistent, effective oversight.
Thursday, March 16
- Measuring Success Through the Lens of Renewal | 9:00am – 10:15am
- Hear from a school leader who has developed an ongoing cycle of evaluating success on multiple measures, aligned to the charter’s mission and with a focus on what matters for renewal. With goals aligned to renewal targets and built into the LCAP, the school has actionable data accessible to inform decisions and engage the school community. Together with EdTec’s data and assessment experts, the school leader will discuss learning experiences, address questions, and share best practices.
We look forward to seeing you at our booths and sessions. We hope everyone has a great conference experience full of learning, networking, and inspiration.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!