Who We Are
EdTec is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making.
EdTec was founded with the realization that, like any small business, charter schools need capable, experienced staff with specialized operational skills in a multitude of areas but cannot afford to bring that staff on board. By providing the benefits of scale, EdTec’s service offering allows charter schools to focus more of their limited resources on classroom instruction and improving student achievement.
Unparalleled Reputation and Service Offering
EdTec is the most highly-regarded back-office and professional consulting services provider for charter schools. Our team of experts delivers unparalleled support services that span charter development, business and operations, and student data and assessment. Through our core service offering – back-office – we provide our clients with a CFO-level resource and a team of specialists to perform payroll, accounts payable, and accounting functions, as well as to support financial analysis, reporting and compliance requirements, enabling charter school leaders to focus on academic excellence.
- EdTec’s comprehensive services span the entire charter school lifecycle—including charter petition development support, school launch and operations, board governance, strategic planning, student / school performance, and charter renewal.
- The overall EdTec service delivery is proactive, forward-looking, and brings our deep charter operations expertise to bear on behalf of our school partners.
- EdTec follows a philosophy of continuous improvement. We determine client requirements, expectations and preferences by working closely with our school partners throughout the year.
- EdTec is a growing national social venture that provides business and operational development support to over 300 charter schools that collectively serve over 170,000 students in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, and Louisiana.
- EdTec is a partner, sponsor, and services provider to statewide charter school support associations in multiple states.