Administrative Assistant – Emeryville
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and Nashville.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support under the direction of the Office Manager. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with school administrators/management and EdTec staff (accounts payable, payroll, CPA’s, senior management, and client account management). The ideal candidate will be accurate, efficient, self-directed and flexible.
We are a hardworking, fun loving, active office.
• Working closely with EdTec staff, school administration and charter school governing boards in assisting with the preparation for and organization of monthly board meetings
• Prepare shipments via UPS, USPS, FedEx
• Front desk reception (light traffic and phones)
• Order office supplies
• Coordinate office social activities (Happy Hours, Birthday parties, Holiday party)
• Prepare daily deposit for A/R
• Helping and/or leading special projects
• 1-3 years’ experience in a support role
• Excellent communication skills
• Organized, with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow directions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, specifically)
• Working knowledge of typical office equipment – copy machines, printer, mail meters, fax machines, etc.
• Degree preferred though previous experience will be considered
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer