Assessment & Data Specialist – Remote
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, and Denver.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Assessment & Data Specialist who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
Specifically, the Assessment & Data Specialist will be responsible for:
• Providing analyses of student achievement data for charter renewals, LCAP reports, WASC, grant applications, etc. involving data provided by school as well as state-wide data available from the CDE via downloadable databases
• Providing guidance on best assessment data tracking methods to meet school/authorizer reporting requirements
• Assisting in or overseeing the planning and implementation of student assessment systems in new and existing schools
• Serving as the primary point of contact for teachers and administrative staff in schools to answer questions and provide guidance on using online student assessment systems such as Illuminate DnA and Otus
• Occasional training of teachers and administrators on student assessment software and systems
• Researching and developing (where applicable) new processes, reporting requirements, and technical solutions
• Building and maintaining strong client relationships
• Assessing client data needs and identifying additional areas for consulting work
• Identifying, assisting, and executing strategic projects/initiatives to improve and grow EdTec operations, services, sales, and the overall business.
Within EdTec, you will work closely with the Assessment Lead while also providing ad hoc assistance to financial analysts and managers. This is a full-time position.
• Understanding of or interest in database systems
• Solid Excel skills and familiarity with MS Access or similar database systems a plus
• Familiarity with ETL concepts and data modeling
• Interested in student data systems and automating data flows between systems
• A strong client-service orientation, responding efficiently and effectively to client requests
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects while meeting customer expectations.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be willing to work in PST time zone hours
The following are pluses, though not required:
• Consulting experience or interest in education
• For recent college graduates, a degree in computer science, engineering, economics or other quantitative subject
• Familiarity with the Illuminate Data and Assessment system, Otus, or NWEA, i-Ready and/or Renaissance Star data extracts
• Exposure to CALPADS, and related State Reporting systems (e.g. CAL-SAAS, SEIS)
• Familiarity with California Department of Education publicly-reported school performance data
• Exposure to student data systems such as PowerSchool, Aeries, Schoolmint, Clever, etc.
• Experience managing AWS/RDS, Microsoft Azure, or similar databases
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k. EdTec will provide training in key facets of student information systems and data management.
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer