Associate Payroll Manager – Denver, CO
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and student performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, and Denver.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Associate Payroll Manager who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have a can-do approach, build a collaborative and high performing team culture, take initiative, and have comfort with growing organizations.
Management responsibilities may vary depending on experience/skills of the candidate, but will include working with the Payroll Department Manager (along with the COO in some cases) to assist with the following areas:
• Staff management – coaching, training, reviewing, etc.
• Knowledge management – researching, documenting, and training staff on state retirement systems, payroll regulations, and other areas.
• Process and systems improvement – design, analyze, test, implement, and document procedures and systems to improve operations.
• Troubleshooting issues with clients.
• Providing support as subject matter expert on various aspects of payroll
The Associate Manager will also process payroll for a group of schools (roughly 50-70% of the time).
• Work directly with charter school administrators and leaders to enter and oversee their payrolls. Oversee the complete payroll process – working with schools to collect information, process payroll data, generate checks, troubleshoot and advise.
• Input, audit, balance and process payroll for multiple clients.
• Occasionally train and advise new and existing schools on payroll procedures.
• At least 3 years of payroll processing experience.
• Experience managing a team.
• Experience with project management and process improvement.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Superb service-orientation and communication skills since the firm’s reputation are based on exceptional customer service.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities/customers, work independently and accurately, and meet ongoing deadlines within a rapidly changing organization.
• Solid computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and data entry skills.
• Experience with Paylocity software is a plus.
• CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) and Bachelor’s degree are a plus but not required.
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer