Business Development Manager – Eastern United States
Help EdTec build new partnerships with public charter schools to drive quality in K-12 public education, transform students’ lives, and positively impact communities.
Location – Flexible to the following metro areas: New York City, Atlanta, and Nashville
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving the quality of K-12 public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, New York, Tennessee, Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Colorado. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
We are business experts, educators, and parents who are passionate about education. Our mission is to drive quality in the public charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
We currently support over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. What sets EdTec apart is our exceptional staff that understands the needs and workings of charter schools, inside and out. EdTec is a true partner to the schools we serve, working alongside school leadership and staff to achieve excellence. EdTec has specialized in supporting charter schools since our founding in 2001 and we offer a comprehensive range of services for schools in all stages of development.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager for the Eastern United States who will share EdTec’s passion to help our charter school partners transform their students’ lives and positively transform their communities. You will work closely with the business development and marketing team as well as with our finance, school business operations and education experts, making this an excellent opportunity for a motivated, self-starter who thrives in a team environment. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to extend EdTec’s impact by identifying, fostering, and nurturing long-term relationships with charter school leaders and stakeholders so that they may leverage EdTec’s services.
We are a hardworking, fun loving, active organization.
- Drive prospective school partner engagement by building awareness of EdTec, its thought leadership and range of best-in-class services.
- Support EdTec’s continued success in fostering and nurturing long-term partnerships that EdTec enjoys with its schools.
- Manage prospective partner identification and business development through outreach to charter schools and charter school support organizations in New York, Tennessee, Georgia, and Louisiana.
- Prepare services proposals tailored to school requirements and present at prospective partner meetings, including Board meetings.
- Manage pipeline of opportunities from initial discovery discussions through contract signing.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of marketing and development strategies
- Partner with EdTec staff across departments and with existing and prospective school partners on developing new services and enhancing existing service offerings.
- Attend regional, statewide, and national conferences and events, representing EdTec at booths, speaking and panel events.
- Ability to work flexible, non-standard hours to travel to school sites and prospective school partner Board governance meetings, which can often start in the late afternoon or early evening.
- Work effectively from home and travel up to 35%-65% of the time*.
*At the time of this posting, in-office work and work travel is suspended. We anticipate a return to in-office work and work travel when it is safe to do so.
- 3+ years business development/sales experience in the education field and/or 3+ years working in the charter school space (for the latter, with or without a business development or sales role).
- Desire to represent and be part of a growing, premier professional services provider, and to succeed in helping EdTec assist public charter schools.
- Personality and drive to excel in a business development role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Incredible organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Commitment to maintaining EdTec’s reputation as a high-performance, best-in-class professional services firm.
- Existing network of charter school leaders or influencers in any of the following states: NY, GA, TN, LA.
- Marketing skills: newsletters, blogging, social media, creating handouts and case studies.
- Public speaking and presenting experience: conferences, panel talks, and regional meetings.
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Business Development Manager – Eastern United States. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
No phone calls, please.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.