Educational Support Services Contractor – LCAP Support
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter school clients, many of them located in low-income, high-needs areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Educational Support Services Contractor who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Educational Support Services Contractor
The ESS Contractor role supports charter school leaders with critical planning and reporting needs. Key areas of support include LCAP, Charter Petitions, Grants, and other services. We are seeking a contractor most immediately for LCAP Services, but we also have ongoing needs for additional expert capacity in grants and charter petitions.
The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is a comprehensive plan required of all California charter schools and school districts. The plan is updated annually and combines goals, measurable outcomes, actions, and budget. The ESS department provides critical support to school leaders in developing and completing the LCAP.
– Setting up and completing annual LCAP templates
– Communicating with charter school leaders for plan details and analysis
– Developing plan and supporting resources to engage school’s key stakeholders
– Collaborating with other members of the EdTec team to ensure all pieces of the LCAP (plans, data reporting, performance, and financial) are aligned
ESS Contractor Qualifications
– Advanced degree in Education or related field
– Work experience as school leader, instructional coach, or master teacher
– Strong attention to detail
– Excellent time management and follow-through
– Effective communication skills, both oral and written
– The following are pluses, though not required:
- Familiarity with LCAP, CAASPP, DataQuest, and the CA School Dashboard
- Work experience in a California charter school, charter school management organization, or district school or central office
- Experience writing or evaluating charter school petitions
- Grant-writing experience
Schedule, Hours, and Timeframe
The ESS team anticipates needing additional support for this project from January 2022 through June 2022. We are seeking contractors available for an estimated 10-25 hours weekly during part or all of that time period.
This is an hourly contractor position. Competitive hourly rate based on experience. Amount of hours and schedule are flexible based on project needs and timelines as well as contractor availability.
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus.
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send resume and cover letter with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Educational Support Services Contractor
No phone calls, please.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.