Marketing Specialist – Los Angeles or Emeryville
Across the country, passionate educators start charter schools to provide quality public school options for families in their communities. Unlike district schools, charters do not have a central office to provide support with management functions. That’s where EdTec comes in to help. We support charter schools with business, operations, and performance services so that school leadership teams can focus their efforts on what matters most – providing an excellent education for students.
We’re searching for a mission-driven marketer to help build the EdTec brand as we continue to expand our service offering and grow our national presence. You will work closely with our Senior Marketing Manager to create multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive awareness about our services and level of expertise as well as communicate our mission, vision, and purpose.
You’ll be joining a team of energetic changemakers motivated by our vision to have the greatest positive impact on public education. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you’ll enjoy a unique work-hard, play-hard culture that builds a genuine camaraderie among team members and includes perks like office dogs and Friday happy hours.
• Be a champion of EdTec’s mission, vision, and purpose and an ambassador of the EdTec brand, both internally and externally
• Support the marketing manager with marketing campaigns of various formats, including relationship marketing, event marketing, and digital marketing
• Maintain and update the company website using WordPress
• Create content for the EdTec Connect Blog and social media accounts
• Develop, monitor, and evaluate paid and organic digital marketing campaigns on various platforms, including social media and Google AdWords
• Be a thought leader for the company’s digital marketing efforts by staying up to date with new trends and reporting on potential areas of opportunity
• Lead planning for conferences and other events
• Measure marketing campaign performance by collaborating with cross-functional teams and using systems tools
• Contribute to marketing budget planning by tracking team expenses and comparing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Design marketing materials
• Collaborate with sales and service teams to launch and create awareness for new service offerings
• Monitor and research competitor activity and offerings
• Create client surveys
• Maintain contact databases and marketing campaign calendars
• Own certain internal communications, such as the employee newsletter
• Stay abreast of charter school news and issues
• Expand and update job skill set by following industry developments, keeping up with marketing trends, and maintaining professional networks
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field
• 1-2 years of experience in a marketing role
• The ability to thrive working in teams or individually
• Organized and capable of managing shifting priorities
• Comfortable with wearing many hats
• Collaborative, energetic, and driven to succeed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an acute attention to detail
• Familiarity with digital marketing tools, trends, and best practices
• Comfortable using quantitative and qualitative information to conduct businesses analyses and form strategic recommendations
• Experience with charter schools is a plus
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer