Payroll & Accounts Payable Support – Remote
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter school clients, many of them located in low-income, high-needs areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a Payroll & Accounts Payable Support who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
This role will be 50% Payroll Support and 50% Accounts Payable Support.
Accounts Payable Specialist (50% time) Responsibilities:
• Work closely with school administrators/management and EdTec staff (payroll, CPA’s, senior management, and client account management).
• Specialist will review coding, enter invoices into accounting software, generate reports and perform quality control while maintaining strong relationships with schools for about 7 – 8 Charter Schools.
Payroll Support (50% time) Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with the review and entry of payroll information
• Perform quality assurance reviews of payroll
• Generate retirement and other payroll related reports
• Contribute to initiatives that improve processes for EdTec and our clients
• Payroll experience very helpful, but not required
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Good analytical skills
• Desire to learn and process payroll
• Ability to stay organized managing multiple deadlines
• Desire to help our team and our clients
• Comfort with Microsoft Excel
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus.
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send resume with cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered