Payroll Specialist – Remote
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter school clients, many of them located in low-income, high-needs areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a Payroll Specialist who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Initiate payroll cycles with clients
• Interface with clients to obtain new hire information, updated employee information, changes, terminations, etc.
• Input, audit, balance and process payroll for multiple clients
• Input client payroll data into proprietary payroll system
• Audit pay grid data entry for accuracy
• Occasionally train and advise new and existing schools on payroll procedures
• Contribute to initiatives that improve processes for EdTec and our clients
Qualification for the position are:
• Knowledge of payroll processing; at least 2 years of payroll processing experience preferred
•Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication skills to maintain strong relationships with our clients
• Superb service-orientation since the firm’s reputation is based on exceptional customer service
• Ability to handle multiple priorities/customers, work independently and accurately, and meet ongoing deadlines
• Solid computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office, simple spreadsheets and data entry skills
• Experience with Paychex software is a plus
• Knowledge of payroll processing for schools (retirement system, certificated employees) is a plus, though not required
• CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) and Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus.
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send resume with cover letter, resume and salary requirements email@example.com with Payroll Specialist in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.