Payroll Specialist – Denver, CO
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and student performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, and Denver.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a Payroll Specialist who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
The Payroll Specialist will work directly with roughly 15-20 charter school administrators to enter and process their payrolls and associated reports. The Specialist will work with schools to collect information, process payroll data, check data for accuracy, generate checks, create retirement reports, troubleshoot and advise. The Specialist will train school staff on EdTec payroll procedures and work with other EdTec staff (senior management, client account management, CPA’s, etc.). The Specialist will also work closely with other EdTec payroll staff to develop and improve internal operations in a collaborative and friendly environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a collaborative team 8+ payroll professionals in an organization where payroll is a key priority and fundamental service that we provide. You will be helping us expand our national presence and deliver top-notch services. All this takes place in a supportive, friendly culture.
• Initiate payroll cycles with clients
• Interface with clients to obtain new hire information, updated employee information, changes, terminations, etc.
• Input, audit, balance and process payroll for multiple clients
• Build and maintain strong client relationships
• Generate retirement and other reporting associated with payroll
• Train and advise new and existing schools on payroll procedures
• Contribute to initiatives that improve processes for EdTec and our clients
• Knowledge of payroll processing; at least 2 years of payroll processing experience preferred
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication skills to maintain strong relationships with our clients
• Superb service-orientation since the firm’s reputation is based on exceptional customer service
• Ability to handle multiple priorities/customers, work independently and accurately, and meet ongoing deadlines
• Solid computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office, simple spreadsheets and data entry skills
• Experience with Paylocity
• Knowledge of payroll processing for schools (i.e. retirement systems)
• CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) and Bachelor’s degree
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer