School Finance Analyst – Las Vegas
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a School Finance Analyst who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention on where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
We are a hardworking, fun-loving, active office.
• Serve as a point of contact, with the support of Client Managers, for 4-6 charter schools with increasing client-facing responsibilities
• In partnership with the accounting team, prepare monthly financial statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for clients
• Create monthly presentations to clients’ boards, analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offering recommendations for changes in the school operations
• Complete grant reports, State interim reports, and other compliance-related reports and maintain Charts of Accounts, multi-year budgets, and other financial documentation (i.e., loan applications) for school clients
• Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
• Analyze, model, and solve problems for clients on a wide range of business issues
• Manage the ongoing forecast for clients and support the annual budget development process
• Build relationships between EdTec and the charter community throughout Northern California
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant financial management procedures and practices
• Develop functional expertise in one or more areas of school business operations
• Lead special projects including, but not limited to, drafting charter renewals, implementing budget model improvements, and updating charter school manuals
• 1-5 years of work experience in a related field (i.e., education or finance)
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Experience in client services or similar responsibilities internal to the company
• Significant experience with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and/or forecasting
• Ability to travel to school sites and work non-standard hours to attend board meetings
• Strong commitment to education
• Knowledge of charter schools a major plus
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k)
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Subject line: School Finance Analyst – Las Vegas, NV
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer