School Finance Analyst – Southern California (Los Angeles, Denver, or Remote)
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in California, Tennessee, New York, Georgia, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Louisiana. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter school clients, many of them located in low-income, high-needs areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a School Finance Analyst who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Ideal candidates will be organized, have sound communication and deductive l skills, experience in a related field (education or finance), and a willingness to learn. We value and prioritize your professional growth and here is a timeline that outlines what you will do in your first year.
Within your first month, you will:
– Meet the team through 1 on 1’s and team meetings
– Complete base training and meet your charter school clients
– Navigate and be able to explain the main reports from our accounting software (income statement, balance sheet, general ledger detail)
– Be able to explain the structure of our budget model and how information flows from various templates
– Navigate client folders to access key files (monthly financials, interim reports, grant reporting, payroll spreadsheets, invoices, deposit backup)
Within your first three months, you will:
– Complete the monthly close process in partnership with the accounting team
– Prepare monthly financial statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for clients
– Research discrepancies/variances, review restricted budgets and compliance reports and make resource coding updates
– Respond to client emails and coordinate client support with other internal teams (payroll, accounting, data, accounts payable)
Within your first year, you will:
– Create monthly presentations to clients’ boards, analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offering recommendations for changes in the school operations
– Complete grant reports, State interim reports, and other compliance-related reports, and other financial documentation (i.e., loan applications) for school clients
– Manage the ongoing forecast for clients, and support the annual and multi-year budget development process
– Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus.
Excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer