Senior Director of Operations – Bay Area or Remote
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in eight states. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with local teams in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Mexico, and NYC.
Our mission is to drive quality in the charter school movement by providing the people, expertise, and systems that equip school leadership with operational support, business insights, and performance analyses to promote effective decision-making. EdTec provides a comprehensive range of services in the areas of charter petition development, back-office services, school data and compliance, school software, and consulting services. Our work supports our vision to have the greatest positive impact on the quality of public education.
Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a Senior Director of Operations who shares our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
EdTec Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Senior Director of Operations will oversee our company’s cross department operations, processes, and key initiatives in addition to overseeing our payroll team.
Operations & Initiatives
Our Operations teams are responsible for the implementation and support of our technology deployment, and process improvement. The Senior Director of Operations will:
• Oversee the work of our operational and initiatives teams.
• Lead and support key initiatives and cross-dept projects.
• Develop, implement and support policies, metrics, controls, and procedures to create more efficient and higher quality products and services.
• Assist with the planning and execution of annual team budget process.
Payroll Operations Management
We process payroll for thousands of employees on a semi-monthly basis for hundreds of entities. We are looking for an operational management rockstar to oversee our payroll processes, and build upon the deep content expertise of our Payroll Team. Key areas of responsibility include:
• Manage and mentor payroll team and payroll operations resources.
• Establish performance metrics, processes, controls and procedures.
• Establish team performance and individual development goals; assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
• Manage team projects and initiatives.s
• Cultivate client and vendor relationships.
• Conduct other work as needed
• At least 5 years of experience managing operational functions and teams
• Experience managing high-volume transactional processes, preferably related to finance
• Strong client service orientation and experience
• Experience leading cross-departmental projects and initiatives
• Proven track record facilitating organizational change and development within a growing organization
• Strong mentoring and coaching experience for teams with diverse levels of expertise
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results oriented
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Interest in education, social ventures, or non-profits is a plus
This is a full-time position.
We are located in the Bay Area, but we are seeking candidates Nationwide.
Salary negotiable + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k). We adjust starting compensation and benefits based on relevant experience and the location where our employees work.
Please see resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer