March 6, 2019
EdTec is proud to be a sponsor, exhibitor, and presenter at the 26th Annual California Charter Schools Conference! The conference will take place in Sacramento from March 11-14, 2019. EdTec staff, along with our partner organizations and partner schools, will present 13 breakout sessions and poster sessions, as well as two sessions at the School Developer Summit and one session at the Renewal Summit. We’re looking forward to this opportunity to share our expertise with charter developers, new schools, and established schools. Take a look at our sessions below so you can plan ahead!
We’re also excited to announce that, for the second year in a row, we will have two booth locations at the conference this year! We hope you will stop by Booth 904 to meet the EdTec team and learn more about our charter development and back office services. Our data experts will be at Booth 710 to introduce you to LCAP 360 by EdTec – the first integrated, end-to-end LCAP service for charter schools. They’ll also be available to discuss how we support schools with CALPADS, student assessment, PowerSchool, charter renewals, grant writing, WASC, and more.
Breakout Sessions & Poster Sessions
Tuesday, March 12
- Money, Money, Money: Cost Cutting Examples (Poster Session, 9:45am-10:30am, Facilities & Funding Expo, Poster 06)
- Makin’ It Rain (Breakout Session, 10:45am-12:00pm, SCC -305)
- Breaking Down Your CA School Dashboard Indicators (Poster Session, 12:30pm-1:15pm, Operations & Compliance Expo, Poster 9)
- Benchmarks for Budgeting: How Do You Measure Up? (Breakout Session, 1:30pm-2:45pm, SCC – 316)
- Do-It-Yourself Strategic Planning (Breakout Session, 1:30pm-2:45pm, SCC – 317/8)
- Cash Flow Turbulence for New Schools (Breakout Session, 3:00pm-4:15pm, SCC – 310)
Wednesday, March 13
- All Clear for Take-Off: Know What You Need to Know for School Start-Up (Breakout Session, 8:15am-9:30am, SCC – 315)
- Built to Last: Best Practices and Proven Strategies for Better Budgeting (Breakout Session, 8:15am-9:30am, Sheraton – Bataglieri )
- Piecing Together the Charter Petition Budget Puzzle (Breakout Session, 10:45am-12:00pm, SCC – 315)
- Start Budget Coding Now for a Painless LCAP Annual Update (Breakout Session, 10:45am-12:00pm, SCC – 305)
- Teacher Tools to Track and Improve Student Achievement (Poster Session, 12:30pm-1:15pm, Technology/Stem Expo, Poster 06
Thursday, March 14
- Just the Facts, Ma’am: Dispelling the Myths About Charter Schools (Breakout Session, 8:15am-9:30am, SCC – 306)
- School-of-the-District vs. Charter SELPA: Navigating SpEd Options (Breakout Session, 9:45am – 11:00am, Sheraton – Tofanelli)
We look forward to seeing you at our booths and sessions. We hope everyone has a great time at the conference!